CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP
Student Member (Membership Number starts with SM)
- half or full time student at an accredited college of university in Canada or the United States
- major field of study is education, counseling, therapy, research, medicine, law or the arts and literature.
- and/or a student enrolled in the CACPT Play Therapy Certificate Program Levels I, II or III
2017 Membership fee: $89.60 plus applicable provincial tax
For information regarding the Play Therapy Certificate Program, click here
General Member (Membership Number starts with GM)
- is interested in children’s well being.
- is practicing in a related field of play therapy, e.g.: parent, teacher, EA, ECE, social worker, psychologist, physician, PHN, mental health professional, and play therapist.
2017 Membership fee: $150.00 plus applicable provincial tax
New Members to CACPT would apply for membership as either a Student or General Member.
Play Therapy Intern (Membership Number starts with PTI)
- has received a Certificate of Completion for the CACPT Play Therapy Certificate Program and
- has had assignments returned and received a passing grade for all 3 levels of the CACPT Play Therapy Certificate Program
- and if conditional acceptance into the Play Therapy Certificate Program was determined, all conditions have been met
- and the process of completing the clinical and supervision hours required for certification has commenced
2017 Membership fee: $102.00 plus applicable provincial tax
Play Therapy Intern is a MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY ONLY and
IS NOT A DESIGNATION/TITLE and as such
CAN NOT BE USED AFTER A NAME OR CONTAINED WITHIN A SIGNATURE BLOCK.
Certified (Membership Number starts with either CPT, CPTA or CPTS)
- has applied for and has been approved by CACPT in writing and has received a CERTIFICATE as either a
CPT Certified Play Therapist
CPTA Certified Play Therapy Associate
CPTS Certified Play Therapist Supervisor
2017 Membership fee: $184.00 plus applicable provincial tax
CPT, CPTA and CPTS are accepted DESIGNATIONS/TITLES and as such, this designation can follow the certified members name and/or be contained within a signature block.
For information about the criteria for Certification with CACPT, click here