Date(s) - 03/05/2019 - 05/05/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton
2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Conference
Niagara Falls, ON
AGM – May 3, 2018
Reception: 5:45 p.m.
Annual General Meeting – 7:00 p.m.
Treating Anxiety using Family Play Therapy, Yoga, Mindfulness & Meditation for Children and Families – May 3, 4 and 5, 2019
DoubleTree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton – Niagara Falls, 6039 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3V6
In this three-day certificate program participants will gain an enhanced understanding of how to utilize play in conjunction with yoga, mindfulness and meditation. Participants will engage in a process of planning, sequencing and leading fun, safe and therapeutic play, yoga and mindfulness sessions. Participants will leave the three-day certificate program with numerous activities, games, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques and resources that can be used in a variety of academic and therapeutic settings.
- For participants to identify key principles and considerations when teaching play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness to children.
- For participants to practice and gain experience with specific play, yoga, meditation and mindful based activities and exercises.
- For participants to be able to identify the research affiliated to support the benefits of a play, yoga, meditation and mindful practice.
- For participants to develop a repertoire of activities that combine play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness.
- For participants to be able to describe what play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness is and how to emulate this in everyday life.
- For participants to organize, plan and perform exercises and activities that support a play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness framework.
Bookings are closed for this event.