Date(s) - 07/02/2020 - 09/02/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
Treating Anxiety using Family Play Therapy, Yoga, Mindfulness & Meditation for Children and Families – February 7, 8 and 9, 2020
725 Imperial Road North, Guelph, ON N1K 1X4 CA
In this three-day certificate program participants will gain an enhanced understanding of how to utilize play in conjunction with yoga, mindfulness and meditation. Participants will engage in a process of planning, sequencing and leading fun, safe and therapeutic play, yoga and mindfulness sessions. Participants will leave the three-day certificate program with numerous activities, games, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques and resources that can be used in a variety of academic and therapeutic settings.
- For participants to identify key principles and considerations when teaching play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness to children.
- For participants to practice and gain experience with specific play, yoga, meditation and mindful based activities and exercises.
- For participants to be able to identify the research affiliated to support the benefits of a play, yoga, meditation and mindful practice.
- For participants to develop a repertoire of activities that combine play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness.
- For participants to be able to describe what play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness is and how to emulate this in everyday life.
- For participants to organize, plan and perform exercises and activities that support a play, yoga, meditation and mindfulness framework.
Bookings are closed for this event.