- Specialized Training: Canadian Association for Play Therapy (CAPT) members receive a substantial discount at all CAPT sponsored conferences, workshops and other events. CAPT Play Therapy Certificate Program, is an intensive program available to members.
- Publications: CAPT members receive the Association’s periodicals as a membership benefit.
- Discounts: CAPT is involved in arrangements with some organizations to provide discounts to Association Members.
The Canadian Association for Play Therapy is the professional organization for those interested in Child Psychotherapy, Play Therapy and Counselling with children. CAPT performs many important functions for its members including:
- Professional Standards: CAPT sets high professional standards for clinical practice. These standards help to ensure that skilled and effective therapy is available throughout the community. CAPT has a code of professional ethics to which each member must adhere. Policies and Procedures are in place to govern CAPT and guide professional and ethical practices.
- Specialized Training: CAPT sets standards of education and training for professional therapist as well as establishing programs of continuing education and training. CAPT examines and accredits programs and training centers in Play Therapy. CAPT has established a Play Therapy Certificate Program, that is an intensive program, in order to meet our members’ needs. Information is available upon request . Bursaries are available for the CAPT Play Therapy Certificate Program. Information available upon request.
- Professional Publications: The Association periodicals are published to advance the professional understanding of Play Therapy. Articles are published on clinical practice, research and theory in Child and Play Therapy. CAPT members receive these periodicals as a membership benefit. This includes access to the International Journal of Play Therapy (IJPT) during your membership.
Insurance Provider for CAPT Members
CAPT & Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. Have partnered together to offer a very affordable & comprehensive insurance program to cover members for professional liability & general liability. Premiums start at $180.00 per year, with 90 additional modalities members can add to their specific “scope of practice.”
Please feel free to contact Peter Fetherston further for more details.
Adobe Acrobat maybe required to view Membership Form
You can get Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe by clicking on the yellow button below