- Specialized Training: CACPT members receive a substantial discount at all CACPT sponsored conferences, workshops and other events. CACPT Play Therapy Certificate Program, is an intensive program available to members.
- Publications: CACPT members receive the Association’s periodicals as a membership benefit.
- Discounts: CACPT is involved in arrangements with a number of organizations (i.e. bookstores, toy stores) to provide discounts to Association Members.
The Canadian Association for Child & Play Therapy is the professional organization for those interested in Child Psychotherapy, Play Therapy and Counselling with children. CACPT performs many important functions for its members including:
- Professional Standards: CACPT sets high professional standards for clinical practice. These standards help to ensure that skilled and effective therapy is available throughout the community. CACPT has a code of professional ethics to which each member must adhere. Policies and Procedures are in place to govern CACPT and guide professional and ethical practices.
- Specialized Training: CACPT sets standards of education and training for professional therapist as well as establishing programs of continuing education and training. CACPT examines and accredits programs and training centers in Child & Play Therapy. CACPT has established a Play Therapy Certificate Program, that is an intensive program, in order to meet our members’ needs. Information is available upon request . Bursaries are available for the CACPT Play Therapy Certificate Program. Information available upon request.
- Professional Publications: The Association periodicals are published to advance the professional understanding of Child & Play Therapy. Articles are published on clinical practice, research and theory in Child and Play Therapy. CACPT members receive these periodicals as a membership benefit. This includes access to the International Journal of Play Therapy (IJPT) during your membership.
New Insurance Provider for CACPT Members
CACPT & Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. Have partnered together to offer a very affordable & comprehensive insurance program to cover members for professional liability & general liability. Premiums start at $180.00 per year, with 90 additional modalities members can add to their specific “scope of practice.”
Please feel free to contact Peter Fetherston further for more details.
Adobe Acrobat maybe required to view Membership Form
You can get Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe by clicking on the yellow button below